What information do we collect?
We may collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including your name, address, email address, telephone number, payment information, and other similar information that can be used to identify you (“Personally Identifiable Information”). You may also visit our Website anonymously, although certain features may not be available to you. Specifically, when you use the Website, we may collect the following:
Information you provide to us when you:
- Register for the Website;
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes;
- Respond to a survey or other communication, such as e-mail;
- Participate in any Website features; or
- Otherwise post, publish, or submit your information on the Website.
We also may collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
Information we collect through cookies
How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personally Identifiable Information:
- To personalize your Website experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests;
- To quickly process your transactions;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Website feature;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To administer and improve the Website, including by monitoring and analyzing the Website traffic and usage patterns;
- To notify you about changes to the Website that may affect your use of it;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and “members-only” content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your Personally Identifiable Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above. However, no data protection procedures are entirely infallible. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee that it will be 100% secure. Your transmission of your data to the Website thus is done entirely at your own risk.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our Website visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information that we collect or you provide:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restricting, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personally Identifiable Information held by us about the Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service https://www.seci.com/terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes;
- To establish or exercise our right to defend against legal claims.
- If we reasonably believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of SECI or others.
We do not sell or rent your Personally Identifiable Information. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “My Account” section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the “My Account” section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
You can also review and change your Personally Identifiable Information by visiting the “My Account” section.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
California law allows California residents to ask companies with whom they have an established business relationship to provide certain information about the companies’ sharing of personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share any California consumer personal information with third parties for marketing purposes without consent. California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices may contact us using the contact information set forth below.
The Website is hosted and operated in the United States. By using the Website, you are consenting to the transfer of your Personally Identifiable Information to the United States. If you are accessing the Website from outside of the United States, please be advised that United States’ law may not offer the same privacy protections as the laws of your jurisdiction.
We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information about individuals residing in the European Union. If you believe we have collected information about any individuals residing in the European Union, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected the Personally Identifiable Information from a child under the age of 13, we will take steps to delete the information. If you are aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personally Identifiable Information, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Changes to our policy
This policy was last modified on April 20, 2020.