First Aid Kits and wound-care supplies provide relief for non-critical injuries and illnesses on the jobsite - these can include cuts, sprains, insect bites, burns, and other minor injuries.
First Aid Kits include:
- Ice packs
- Thermal wraps
- First-aid tape
- Nonprescription medications
- Topical ointments, creams, and antiseptics
AED’S -Automated external defibrillator machines offer lifesaving shock therapy, they are comprised of the following components:
- Electrode pads - are the sticky pads that are applied to the patient’s chest - these are what reads the patient’s heart rhythm. If a shock is determined to be necessary by the AED’s processor, then the shock travels between the pads and through the patient’s heart.
- Battery - is used to charge the AED’s capacitor so that it has enough energy to deliver a life-saving shock
- Capacitor - stores and releases energy
- Processor - a.k.a the brains behind the AED. The processor is used to analyze the patient’s heart rhythm to determine whether the patient needs a shock or not.