Industrial and environmental chemicals include cleaners, broad spectrum disinfectants, paint removers, degreasers, mastic removers, fungicides, wetting agents, encapsulants and deodorizers. Chemicals are available in ready-to-use and concentrate formulas. Read the technical data sheet and directions for use for each product. Many products require personal protective equipment be worn.
- Cleaning chemicals help clean, degrease, sanitize, and disinfect surfaces.
- Disinfectants are a class of strong chemicals that can kill and reduce the spread of viruses and bacteria.
- Paint removers are chemical compounds designed to quickly lift and peel away paint, varnish and lacquer by breaking down the chemical bonds of the polymers in the paint.
- Degreasers remove water-insoluble substances from floors, machinery, parts, and tools.
- Fungicides are specialized cleaning chemicals formulated to kill mold and mildew and prevent spore re-growth.
- Wetting agents have chemically advanced wetting/penetrating/binding properties that saturate asbestos materials. When applied properly they create surface tension which prevents the release of dangerous asbestos fibers during the removal process.
- Encapsulants are used in both asbestos and lead remediation. Lead encapsulants are applied over lead-based paint to seal the paint to a surface and prevent the release of paint chips or dust. Asbestos encapsulants are applied over a surface containing asbestos and prevent the release of hazardous fibers. The encapsulants work by forming a barrier that seals and binds to asbestos fibers and prevents them from being released into the air.
- Deodorizers are formulated with compounds that eliminate odors caused by microorganisms.