The Peel Away® 1 Heavy Duty Paint Remover Complete Removal System is an environmentally safe and biodegradable paint stripping system for removing up to 30+ coats of paint in a single application from most surfaces (wood, brick, concrete, stone, stucco, plaster, cast iron, steel, marble, and most fiberglasses). Peel Away® 1 Heavy Duty Paint Remover Complete Removal System is an excellent eco-friendly paint remover for stripping paint from intricate, carved, or molded surfaces, and is considered the best paint remover for historic restorations and other projects involving lead-based paint removal. This kit includes paste remover, application tool, laminated paper, and neutralizer.
- Spread or spray over the surface to be stripped
- Cover with peel away laminated paper, which controls evaporation and is left on until all of the paint is dissolved
- Place the paint removal tool under the paper and scrape the product from the surface
- Wash stripped surface with clean water
- Neutralize the surface with neutralizer
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Environmentally safe removal system for lead-based coating systems prior to 1978
- Removes up to 30 coats in one application providing the first coat is organic
- Ideal for wood, brick, stone, metal, most plaster substrates and more
- Water-based, zero VOC formulation
- Does not contain methylene chloride
- Non-flammable; no harmful odors or fumes
- Suitable for interior and exterior applications
- The Peel Away® 1 system includes Citri-Lize™ Neutralizer, pH Test Kit, Dumond® Laminated Paper, Alkaline Paste, Plastic Applicator and simplified instructions
- Applied by trowel or the appropriate industrial spray equipment
LIMITATIONS: Not recommended for use on veneer, plywood, drywall, aluminum, brownstone, sandstone, limestone, fiberglass, glass laminates, Plexiglass, plastics, rubber and EIFS. Peel Away® 1 will darken hardwoods. Not recommended for the removal of epoxies, urethanes, chlorinated rubber, cementitious paints, baked finishes and other high-performance coatings. Always do a test patch prior to full removal.
TEST PATCH: Always perform a small inconspicuous test area on each type of substrate and paint coating prior to full application. Testing before beginning any project is the best way to ensure product effectiveness. Test patches can determine the proper dwell time and thickness to apply the product for your specific application. Failure to do a test patch can result in need for more than one application, increasing labor and material costs.
RECOMMENDED SUBSTRATES: Before applying to the entire substrate always do a test patch. Recommended for use on wood, concrete, cement, stone, stucco, plaster, cast iron, steel, marble, terra cotta, granite, terrazzo, copper, tin, tiles, enamel, clapboard and slate.
VOC compliance - Peel Away® 1 meets all national, state and local regulations.